narlburger

we're all mindfucks

Sunday, May 28, 2006

la vie en rose

after spending 7 years in french class i don't even know what the song means. All I got was "life in pink" from a direct translation online. It doesn't matter. I think the song's... romantic. It reminds me of "Jeux D'enfants", Love me if you dare. That was the last time I heard it in a movie. It was nothing compared to Amelie, despite being from the same director. But I don't know, I loved it. I wanted the guy and the girl to eventually be together. There was just so much unnecessary drama though.

Side-tracked again. Why did I go to the laptop first thing after waking up to blog? The dream. I had THE BEST dream and I woke up right when the 'credits were rolling'. It was weird. Like in my dream the visual was actually the end of a movie with the black screen and names coming up in white. I think that's just because I finished watching a movie not too long before I went to bed last night. Oooh Hurlyburly. What a crazy looking movie. I will definitely have to watch it from start to finish paying attention.

So the dream. Bits and pieces from my waking life. The important part was that she liked me, no loved me. And only me!! I think that's the important part. We were at her dad's house. But he wasn't her dad in real life. It was weird. There seemed to be quite a lot of other stuff going on and she like came home I guess not knowing I would be there. I've lost quite a bit of the dream. We fool around until she reaches under my shirt and I tense up. She mentions something about me finding a way around my 'body image complex' the last time we did it. Anyways, it doesn't end up happening and she gets pissed at me. I just pretend not to care and go back to whatever I was doing. She's still fuming and decides she wants to get out of there. I of course freak out and go after her. While I'm leaving I see that her Dad's got the news on and there's some big thing going on. There's cops everywhere and buildings are being evacuated. I run outside after her and it's raining. She tells me that I don't really like her. She's incredibly upset. On the verge of tears. I tell her I do but I'm just fucked up. She won't have it. She thinks it's because of what she does for a living. Apparently I don't care (in the dream). I try to convince her that I'm crazy about her. More making out. It really starts to pour so we decide to find an awning or some kind of shelter from the rain. All of a sudden we're on campus and it's still raining buckets. I push her up against the wall of some building and kiss her. Then out of nowhere there's all these people that are being evacuated from the buildling and they're all running off in the same direction. People passing by are looking at us expecting us to follow suit but we just kind of look at each other and walk hand in hand into...the scary unknown. It's still raining and as we walk the words come out of our mouths at almost the same time. I love you. And.... the end. Roll the credits.

*sigh* I am SO pathetic. And corny. And such a girl.

Of course I'm such a nerd I had to go out and find translations of La Vie En Rose. The first one the popped up was similar to a ver batim translation.

Eyes that make me lower mine.
A laugh that dissipates on her lips
This is the unretouched portrait
Of the woman to whom I belong.

When she takes me in her arms
She speaks to me softly
And life seems perfect to me (Je vois la vie en rose)
She utters words of love to me
Everyday words
And it touches me inside

She has brought a bit
of happiness into my heart
And I know the cause.
It's her for me, me for her, all our lives
She told me so, swore it, for all our lives
And the moment I laid eyes on her
Right then I felt inside me
My beating heart.

Nights of love that never end
A great joy takes hold
Annoyances and sorrows disappear
Happy, so happy I could die.

As beautiful and sappy as that was, I actually found another version of the song. It was actually translated into english and recorded. If that was cheesy, this is even worse. But I love it. I'm eating it all up man. It's so much more... poetic.

Hold me close and hold me fast
The magic spell you cast
This is la vie en rose (life in shades of perfection)
When you kiss me,
Heaven sighs
And though I close my eyes
I see la vie en rose
When you press me to your heart
I'm in a world apart
A world where roses bloom
And when you speak
Angels sing from above
Every day words
Seem to turn into love songs
Give your heart and soul to me
And life will always be
La vie en rose

I thought that love was just a word
They sang about in songs I heard
It took your kisses to reveal
That I was wrong, and love is real

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home