narlburger

we're all mindfucks

Wednesday, April 05, 2006

Why am I such an attention whore?

Now that question... That question can really work the overanalyzing into the ground. I'm just going to look at it as performing a little psychoanalysis on myself.

Let's see... what are some factors that contribute to me clamouring for people's attention.
- I'm an only child. But there are tons of people out there who don't have siblings yet they don't have this problem
- I don't like myself. This seems more likely. As a result of being so terribly insecure and unsatisfied with myself, I look to others for validation. I desperately need the approval of others in order to feel good about myself, etc.
- I'm trying to use this hunger for attention to cover another more deep-rooted problem.

I swear to god, deja-vu. It's disgusting, being overly analytical because I'm so repetitive. This is so redundant. I know these things. I'm just not doing anything about it.

I'm considering yoga, especially after taking that course on positive psychology. Learning about mindfulness made me want to actually practice it. However, given my current financial situation and the increasing demands in the future, I don't know how I can afford to go to yoga classes. I think I'll just start with practicing breathing exercises.

DO IT. ACTUALLY DO IT. DON'T JUST SAY IT!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home