narlburger

we're all mindfucks

Monday, April 03, 2006

Shallow

To be shallow also implies being judgmental. Because if I didn't judge potential romantic partners on their physical appearance then I wouldn't be shallow. Sure, I want to be as open and nonjudgmental as possible, but I've got preferences.

Why am I so adamant about being nonjudgmental? I really don't want to judge people for many reasons. Don't crticize what you don't understand..it's not my place really. This is who you are and I accept you for who you are. I want to be open and accepting but I know I'm not. No. I am very nonjudgmental when it comes to friends but if it's in some sort of romantic context I just bust out the magnifying glass.

Does being shallow make me immature? It's not that I refuse to look beyond appearance. It's not that I discount personality. It's just that I can't be in a relationship with someone that I'm not physically attracted to, at least initially. I mean, I need something to go on. And I'm physically attracted to people that are... well, people that don't have giant rolls of fat and you know, all that stuff. God, I feel so bad for this. I feel so mean and judgmental and immature. I've always been shallow though, I never grew out of it. Sure, personality is very important, but looks play a huge role in initial attraction and the formation of relationships for me. I feel like because I'm only average-looking that I don't have the right to be shallow because only hot sexy foxes can pick and choose.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home